Thursday, January 31, 2008

The I-got-nothin' post. And Purple Day.

Some days I blog in my head all day long. It could be a whole post, a paragraph, or even a phrase I want to remember to post.

This is not one of those days.

It's an I-got-nothin' day. Meaning I have nothing worth anything to post. But in my ever-growing experience in reading blogs, I'd rather read "nothing" than, well, you know, nothing. Assures me the writer is at least thinking of me.

So, yes, I'm thinking of you, peoples. And so far the only thing I can think about enlightening you with is this:

Today is Purple Day at school. Did you know that no clothing manufacturer uses purple cloth of any kind for boys' shirts? I know this now, because we ventured to Super Wal-Mart last night and I sent Pete on a mission to find one while I shopped for important things like toilet paper. He came back empty handed (how dare he!!). But he did have the genius idea of borrowing a gigantic mylar balloon (with a weight on it) and allowing Alex to drag it all over the store so we didn't lose him.

I did manage to scrounge a purple-ish shirt from the closet for Mickey, and Alex, lest he get an "F" today, got a purple piece of paper cut in the shape of a T-shirt taped to his back.

I expect in a few years when I'm at the same Wal-Mart at 10:00 on a school night getting modeling clay and pipe cleaners for a science project that's due tomorrow, I will laugh and realize Alex could have made it through Purple Day with a red shirt.

But for today, his assignment is complete, even if he doesn't know it.

Tune in tomorrow for more nothin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time get some Welch's and dip a white shirt for "light purple."

BV